Sunday, February 24, 2008

'Cause this is what you've waited for

UPDATE: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCKING AWESOME!!!

That is all. :D


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, gonna go ahead and get Sunday's post out of the way now, since I won't have time to later, what with the Oscars and all.

I only just saw Once this week - and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. Seriously, if you're a fan of music, you would enjoy this movie. To say it in a way that I'm sure sounds very pretentious and snooty, this movie is like a love letter to music. Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova are amazing, giving the most down-to-earth realistic performances I've seen in a long time - you don't even feel as if you're watching actors (and in a way, you're really not). And the songs -- my god, the music is just blissful and warm and amazing and I loved every second of it. The opening sequence gives me goosebumps every time I watch it:



So I'll give you two today: the song in the above mentioned clip, and the song that's nominated at tonight's Oscars, "Falling Slowly". I hope to GOD they win, it's never been more deserved. I sincerely hope that Glen and Marketa do a US tour of some kind and come somewhere close to St. Louis, because I would LOVE to see them live. (And I don't have the money to go see them at Bonnaroo)

Enjoy!

Glen Hansard - Say It To Me Now

Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova - Falling Slowly

Download the Once soundtrack on Amazon
Glen & Marketa's band, The Swell Season, on Amazon
Glen's band, The Frames, on Amazon

No comments: