Thursday, February 28, 2008

I had it all, but I never thought I did

I'd never heard of The Magic Numbers before two years ago, when I saw them open for The Flaming Lips. I seem to have an uncommonly good history with opening bands - I tend to get ones that are actually very good, and make me instant fans. Spiraling, Common Rotation, The Magic Numbers, all of them opening bands I've seen that I'm now a fan of. Good times.

I don't really know much about The Magic Numbers, but any band that can come out and win over a packed house into the first few bars of their first song - that's impressive. And when one of the girls pulled out a melodica for a solo? That was it for me. :) The other girl's bass playing is off the scale as well, she blew me away. I was at the merch table as soon as their set ended to get their CD. :)

So here's the first track off their self-titled CD. Enjoy! Long live the melodica!

The Magic Numbers - Mornings Eleven

Download "The Magic Numbers" on Amazon

No comments: