Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Not to put too fine a point on it, say I'm the only bee in your bonnet


Franky & Minx handbag
Originally uploaded by Dayetriper



An epic quest has been undertaken. In layman's terms, IT'S ON.

Yeah, about once a year, I see something that I really want, but for whatever reason don't buy at the time -- and then go back for it later, only to find that it's sold out. So then I go on a quest to find it, which drives me and everyone around me nuts. Case in post: the above purse. I spent literally ALL DAY Googling and searching the internets for that purse, which I'd seen for sale at Spencer's Gifts probably at least six months ago, and I tell you, I searched for every possible combination of purse, bag, handbag, bird, blue, bluebird, that I could think of, and NOTHING.

Finally I just called the store and asked the girl if she knew what I was talking about, and she actually did. So I now have the name of the company: Franky & Minx. But of course, the purse is gone. So now I'm trying to hit up a former co-worker who manages a Spencer's in Alton, IL, to see about getting one. AND I emailed Franky & Minx about it. Because I'm insane. I'm driving myself nuts over a frigging purse.

ANYWAY - in honor of my pretty, pretty, unattainable, purse -- have some TMBG. This one is a live track from their show at Mississippi Nights (R.I.P) on July 14, 2004.

They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul (Live)

Download entire TMBG concerts here! Because they are awesome!

No comments: